KEF R8a is a passive surround speaker that cost around 1400CHF for a pair .
- -3dB (resp. -6db) point v.s. reference is at 134.0Hz (resp. 109.0Hz).
- Reference level is normalised to -0.0dB computed over the frequency range [300.0Hz, 10000.0Hz].
- Frequency deviation is 7.3dB over the same frequency range.
- Horizontal directivity is (-57.0°, 55.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Vertical directivity is (-64.0°, 64.0°) between 1kHz and 10kHz. Angle computed for +/-6dB.
- Preference Score is 1.8 and would be 5.6 with a perfect subwoofer.
- Score compononent details: NBD: ON 0.49, LW 0.43, SP 0.44, PIR 0.42; SM: SP0.67, PIR0.15; LFQ 0.9, LFX 109Hz
- Link to original Review: eac review. .
- Quality of the measurement data is high.